After the holiday craziness winds down, it’s a great time to start planning for the University of Montana’s spring graduation. This year’s commencement will be held on Saturday, May 14 2016, and it’s not too early to start making accommodations. Book a flight, check. Book a hotel room, check. Book a rental car with us, check. Once you take care of the essentials, you can start planning how to make the most of your visit to Missoula.
Here are a few options:
In your free time:
- Spend a couple hours at Caras Park and while you are there watch the whitewater enthusiasts brave Brennan’s Wave on the Clark Fork River – or rent a kayak or surfboard and take on the wave yourself.
- Check out A Carousel for Missoula and the Dragon Hollow.
- Stroll the Kim Williams Trail and Riverfront Trail along the majestic Clark Fork River.
- Hike the “M” Trail overlooking UM campus.
- Explore Rattlesnake National Recreation Area by foot or by mountain bike.
- Shop the unique stores downtown and on the Hip Strip.
Treat your Grad:
- Breakfast! Lunch! Dinner! Missoula Dining options are diverse and great – too extensive to list here.
- Cocktails! Brews! Wetting your whistle doesn’t get any easier than this. Take your pick between eight Missoula breweries, three distilleries and three wineries.
- Big Dipper Ice Cream’s lines speak for themselves – every day and every night a sweet treat awaits.
Recommended Day Trips: